A message from your friendly neighborhood aquatics director...Carrie Moss email@example.com
I hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. The neighborhood turned out in full force this weekend both at the grand opening cookout and at the pool in general. It was truly great to see!
There are a few items that need to be addressed regarding pool use.
1. Please park in the parking lot of the clubhouse. If the lot is full, please use only the clubhouse side of the street. It is dangerous for children darting out from behind cars to cross the street and makes it difficult for cars to get through if vehicles are parked on both sides. Please be courteous to your neighbors
2. Food is not allowed on the pool deck. It is to be confined to the patio area where the tables and chairs are. There were a number of instances of crackers, chips, fruit, etc that ended up on the ground, which is not only gross to step in, but then gets into the pool water.
3. During the lifeguard break/adult swim, anyone under the age of 18 is to be a minimum of 2 feet from the pool edge. Kids are not to be sitting on the edge with their feet in the water or standing on the steps playing with squirt guns and toys.
4. Squirt guns/water blasters can be great fun, but please make sure they are being used with caution. Not everyone enjoys being sprayed with cold water, intentional or not.
5. The lap lane is reserved for lap swimming at all times. Also the lane dividers and rope dividers are not toys. Please remind your children to stay off of them, and please no jumping into the pool anywhere near them.
6. Adults have priority on use of pool chairs. On a busy pool day, please be on the lookout for neighbors in search of a place to sit and be courteous. Kids are generally in the water more often than not and can share space.
I apologize for the inconvenience of having the wading pool closed. There has been an electrical issue with the pump and it had to be closed for everyone's safety.
I have been looking into options to provide shade on the pool deck and have ordered 6 new granite umbrella bases and will be getting new market umbrellas to put in them. I will do my best to place them strategically and would prefer, for everyone's safety, they do not get moved once in place. If you are happy to sit in the sun, please be couteous and leave the seats near the umbrellas open for those wanting some shade. Also, please help us out by keeping umbrellas closed when it is windy.
And last but not least, I am asking the lifeguards to turn in lost and found key fobs to me, so before you make the call to get a replacement, check with me to see if I have it. (I do have one from this weekend).
A key fob is required in order to access the pool gate for admission to the pool. KEY FOBS MAY BE OBTAINED BY CONTACTING CARRIE MOSS, AQUATICS DIRECTOR VIA EMAIL: CMOSS75@GMAIL.COM There is only one (1) key fob per household. If fob is lost or stolen there will be a $25.00 charge for a replacement key fob.